Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Hello

Hi everyone. I just made this blog. My name is Brian Duey and I am from Grand Rapids, MI. I am an artist who specializes in pencil drawings. My website is located at http://www.dueysdrawings.com/
if you'd like to have a look. My intent with this blog is to record ideas that I have for upcoming works and to talk about anything art related. I will also talk a little bit about things that are going on in my personal life. I am hoping to update this quite often.

I am currently working on a drawing for a client of his Pontiac Trans AM. It's going pretty well so far. I'd say that I'm probably about 70% done with it. I talked with the client this past weekend and he seemed very happy with the way the work was going. He really liked the wheels in particular and he kept asking me how I was able to get a "chrome" look with just graphite pencils. I always love it when a customer is as excited about a drawing as I am. It motivates me even more and makes me take some extra time to add the little details that I know he will appreciate. Here's an update on the current work:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I'm really not sure what's next for me after this commission is done. I purchased a 45 piece set of Rembrandt pastels (portrait colors) about a week ago and I've been really excited to use them. So maybe I will get those out and experiment a little bit. Otherwise I have a couple of concept ideas that I'd like to get down on paper. I have alot of ideas scribbled down on a piece of paper next to my work area. I am going to type them out here just in case the paper is misplaced. If you are an artist, please do not rip off any of these ideas. They are very intimate ideas, that were straight from MY imagination. This is mostly just for my record:


*Portrait behind glass
*Portrait behind paper showing all folds and ripples in the paper
*Taped Paper
*Behind table looking at playing cards coming to life
*Matches
*Portrait with padlock in picture with key hanging down (hands shackled)
*Colored cloud background, key with gasket around it in the middle, self portrait at the bottom looking up, keyhole in forehead
*Self portrait split up into blocks with hands coming through the blocks and cast shadows
*Grayscale self portrait with colored angel on shoulder whispering into an ear, colored devil on the other
*Broken alcohol bottle with liquid all over, small self figure looking up from wreckage

Thanks for reading and I will update soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home